The Melbourne Cup is one of the most prestigious horse races in the world, and it is also one of the most popular betting races. As a result, there are always a number of horses that are considered to be the favourites to win.
The Top Names To Keep Your Eye On
Here are a few of the very top names to watch out for in the 2023 Melbourne Cup:
- Duais: Duais is the defending champion, and she is one of the most experienced horses in the field. She has won four Group 1 races in her career, and she is a proven performer at Flemington. Duais is a strong stayer, and she has a good record at long distances. She is also well-suited to the tight turning track at Flemington.
- Knights Order: Knights Order is another horse that has plenty of experience at Flemington. He has won two Group 1 races at the track, and he is coming off a strong win in the Caulfield Cup. Knights Order is also a good stayer, and he has a good record at Flemington. He is also drawn well in the barriers, which gives him a good chance of getting a good start.
- Montefilia: Montefilia is a New Zealand-trained horse that has won some of the biggest races in Australia and New Zealand. She has done well at Flemington in the past and remains a favourite for many bettors out there.
- Numerian: Numerian is a lightly raced horse that has made a big impression in his recent starts. He won the Herbert Power Stakes at Caulfield, and he is one of the most exciting horses on the roster right now. This is a runner with boundless potential, and many are waiting for bated breath to see how he takes off from the barrier.
- Without A Fight: Without A Fight is a French-trained horse that has won some big races throughout Europe. He is a proven performer at long distances, and he is sure to be a serious challenger at the Melbourne Cup.
These are just a few of the horse names to watch in the 2023 Melbourne Cup. It is a wide-open race, and there are many horses that could challenge for the win. However, the horses listed above are all proven performers, and they all have a really good chance of success. Keep reading to learn some horse racing tips that will help you build a strategy alongside other useful betting information.
Additional Tips For Betting on the Melbourne Cup:
- The jockey: The jockey plays a crucial role in a horse’s chances of winning. A good jockey can get the best out of a horse, and they can make a difference in a close race.
- The weather: The weather can also have a big impact on the outcome of the Melbourne Cup. If it is raining, the track will be softer, and this will favour horses that are good at handling wetter ground.
- The conditions: The conditions of the race can also affect how the horses perform. For example, if the race is run at a slow pace, then it will favour horses that are good at staying.